We have a fantastic interview with Cynthia Thurlow today!
Cynthia is a nurse practitioner and popular podcast host. She is also a health and wellness expert and author of the new book, Intermittent Fasting Transformation.
As a nurse practitioner, Cynthia deviated from the conventional path. She wanted to make a difference, so she took a leap of faith five years ago and left the world of clinical medicine to focus on functional medicine. She joins Jason today to tell her fascinating story and talk about the benefits of intermittent fasting!
This is one episode you won’t want to miss if you’re a man who wants to live a passionate, healthier, and more fulfilled life! Stay tuned for more!
- Cynthia thought she wanted to be a lawyer. She discusses what motivated her to change course and become a nurse practitioner instead.
- In 2016, she took a leap of faith and left clinical medicine to focus on functional nutrition.
- Cynthia’s life changed dramatically when her second Ted Talk, on intermittent fasting, went viral in 2019.
- Cynthia has always encouraged her kids to provide value and service to others with whatever they do in life.
- You will always find fulfillment when you do something you feel passionate about!
- When, why, and how Cynthia got into intermittent fasting.
- As a society, we are over-fed and under-muscled.
- We are designed as humans to evolve, shift, and change throughout our lifetime.
- Life is full of ups and downs, but we all get a chance to turn adversity into opportunities.
- When should you fast, and when should you not?
- Intermittent fasting is NOT a diet. It is a way of eating. So you need to focus on nutrient quality in your eating window.
- Sugar can be as addictive as illicit drugs!
- How to widen your feeding window when doing intermittent fasting.
- How does alcohol impact sleep quality?
Links and resources:
Stay accountable by joining our FREE Facebook Group – Discussions with Dads: https://join.discussionswithdadsgroup.com/
Stay Connected with Jason, Zach & The Fatherhood Experience
• Website: thefatherhoodexperience.com
• Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thefatherhoodexperience
• Instagram: @thefatherhoodexperience
• LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/jasonapriest/
Connect with Cynthia Thurlow:
- On her website
- On Instagram
- On Twitter
- On her free Facebook group- Intermittent Fasting Lifestyle
- Everyday Wellness Podcast
Cynthia’s book, Intermittent Fasting Transformation, is available from Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Target, or your local book store.
Don’t forget to follow us on IG @thefatherhoodexperience!