We have a fantastic interview today with Patrick Cummings!
Patrick is an entrepreneur, business coach, and wealth-management advisor committed to helping others balance their lives for happier outcomes. He worked in the corporate world for twelve years before deciding to start a business of his own and gain control of his time when his children were toddlers. Patrick lives in Washington State with his wife, Brooke, and is an active member of his community.
As a country, we are not in good shape. Much of that comes from where we are mentally, with all the fear, anxiety, uncertainty, and pressure we get from the news and media. The media feeds on people’s fear and anxiety, yet people just can’t put their phones down.
Patrick and Jason discuss why we are in such bad shape as a country and what we can do to improve our mental and physical wellbeing. They also talk about work-life balance, engaging fully with your kids, the importance of spending quality time with your family, and setting yourself up for success in life.
This is an episode you definitely won’t want to miss if you want to be a better dad and family man and find more balance in your life!
- Most people don’t realize that we become addicted to the fear and anxiety we get from the news media.
- Patrick shares a tip for assessing how the news media is affecting you emotionally.
- What led Patrick to leave the corporate world and become an entrepreneur?
- Patrick shares his take on the work-life balance and explains how it has evolved.
- Patrick focused on having enough energy for his wife and kids every day.
- If you are willing to take a bullet for your wife and kids, consider why you don’t leave the office early to spend more time with them or don’t switch your phone off when you are with them.
- Be present in the moment, and do things to fulfill yourself that will also satisfy your family.
- If you decide to take your kid to school, switch your phone off! Rather talk to them about what is going on in their heads.
- Engage with your kids if you want to influence them positively. (But not only from your perspective.)
- If you engage with people with dignity and pride, it uplifts them.
- Patrick discusses his motivation for writing his book.
- How to set yourself up for success.
- Believe in yourself. You are capable of so much more than you think!
Links and resources
Stay accountable by joining our FREE Facebook Group – Discussions with Dads: https://join.discussionswithdadsgroup.com/
Stay Connected with Jason, Zach & The Fatherhood Experience
• Website: thefatherhoodexperience.com
• Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thefatherhoodexperience
• Instagram: @thefatherhoodexperience
• LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/jasonapriest/
You can find Patrick’s book, The Family Business Balancing Act: An Entrepreneur’s Guide to Being a Family Man, on Amazon
Don’t forget to follow us on IG @thefatherhoodexperience!